Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Haltech Elite 1500 All Sensor reading 5V?

Practical Standalone Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Standalone Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi guys,

So ive done my wiring and now trying to figure out why does all my sensor reading 5V. The sensors reading 5V are:

- AVI6 Oil Pressure

- AVI7 Intake Air Temp

- AVI8 Coolant Temp

- AVI10 Oil Temp

Oil Temp and Press are using a Bosch Sensor and AIT and CLT using stock MX5 Nb Sensors. I verified with my volt meter that these are not reading 5V at the end. So its reading 5V at the ECU?

With Pullup

And after I disable the pullups:

""

I would say you don't have the sensors connected to the correct sensor ground pin. If turning on the pull-up changes the voltage to 5V it means there is nearly infinite resistance between the signal and ground (ie, nothing is connected).

Hi David,

Thanks for replying. I thought about it and while at first it make sense now it doesnt. Cause the sensor ground is passed through a bulkhead connector and split to ground the drive by wire throttle body too. If the sensor ground is snuffed my DBW wouldnt work.

Hi David,

Thanks for replying. I thought about it and while at first it make sense now it doesnt. Cause the sensor ground is passed through a bulkhead connector and split to ground the drive by wire throttle body too. If the sensor ground is snuffed my DBW wouldnt work.

Thanks David. My sensors were grounded to... shielding... You're the best!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?