Forum » Practical Harness Construction - Club Level » Saab 9000 coolant temperature sensor connector

Saab 9000 coolant temperature sensor connector

Practical Harness Construction - Club Level

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Harness Construction - Club Level

Page 1
Author

Hi, I’d just firstly like to say thank you for such a good range of quality courses by HP academy

Im currently putting together a new loom and I’m having difficulty locating the connector for this coolant temperature sensor - can anyone help me? It’s from a Saab 9000 2.3 turbo

Kind regards

Rob

Attached Files
  • 1B881542-7918-493E-A854-BB60D24B0A57.jpeg
  • Attachments may only be downloaded by paid Gold members. Read more about becoming a Gold member here.

Damn, that's not one I'm familiar with unfortunately. One way around it would be to measure the resistance of the sensor at 0 deg c, 20deg c, 60deg c, and 100deg c, then compare your measurements to an 0 280 130 026 bosch sensor. My experience is that most ECT sensors like you've pictured have a very, very similar resistance vs temperature profile, and can be interchanged without issue. Moving to the Bosch sensors gets you an easily identified connector.