Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Can't upload sample file to Fusion 360

3D Modeling & CAD for Motorsport

Relevant Module: Solid Modelling Basics > Datums

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course 3D Modelling & CAD for Motorsport.

= Resolved threads

Author

Hi all, I'm new to HPA and have just started working my way through the 3D modelling course. Unfortunately I can't upload the sample file in the Datums chapter - when I try to open it in Fusion it gives me an error message saying:

"Initializing document manifest xml stream failed!

The file C:/Users/asomm/AppData/Local/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/7YLJT8VMQQUAS8UV/W.login/F/_3BOLT-FLANGE.f3d.0e5db9dd-e3c7-4c3a-9724-8f7d2687f1af.f3d could not be loaded."

Can anyone advise on how to overcome this?

Hi James,

looking at the file name: _3BOLT-FLANGE.f3d.0e5db9dd-e3c7-4c3a-9724-8f7d2687f1af.f3d

It looks like you might have created some copy of the file and it's added the ".f3d" extension twice, also you've ended up with the file stored in the program folder which can sometimes have permission protections on it.

Try downloading the file again, storing it in a known location, and checking the file name only has one .f3d extension in it.

Alternatively you can use the "open" function under the file tab rather than uploading it and open it directly from your computer.

Hope that helps, Connor

That's great, thanks Connor.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?