Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

"Edit in Place" during assembly is a Fusion 360 Paid service. - fix

3D Modeling & CAD for Motorsport

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course 3D Modelling & CAD for Motorsport.

= Resolved threads

Author

On the assembly video, when we add the exhaust tube to the flange as an external component, the edit in place is only available for a paid version of fusion 360.

The way I got around this was to sketch on the flange and then extrude the pipe as "New Component" instead of "New Body". Then I saved that component after renaming it, deleted it, and imported the component from the project panel on the left so it was a linked component, then I opened it in its own file and edited its length there, saved it, and updated it in the assembly so I got used to how it all works and affects linked components.

Getting keen to start designing my 2JZ and Clevo manifolds now!

Attached Files

Surprising that "edit in place" isn't possible on the Personal use version. I would've thought it would fall under the design and 3D modeling category on the page linked below and therefore should be the same on personal and paid. But clearly not.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/personal

Great workaround though! you're clearly getting a good understanding of how internal and external components work.

The method you explained would be more similar to what would be required in Solidworks, opening the component and editing it separately and saving, then updating the assembly.

Learning CAD opens up so many doorways for designing your own parts. Keen to see what you come up with for the Manifolds, so make sure you share when you get to that stage!

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?