Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

OnShape vs Fusion 360

3D Modeling & CAD for Motorsport

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course 3D Modelling & CAD for Motorsport.

= Resolved threads

Author

I notice the course is designed around Fusion 360. I'm curious if anyone has any experience to compare and contrast Fusion 360 with other free online tools such as OnShape that seems to be well regarded.

Is it worth learning one over the other? Is what you learn in one highly transferable to the other?

Cheers!

Hey Ian,

I've used both and a range of others, although not much OnShape relatively.

My experience is they are both great, and both have been proven in the mechanical engineering and motorsport world.

Onshape is like Fusion 360 in that there is a free version and also a paid version.

Both are cloud-based, but the key difference is that Fusion 360 is an app, so you can work offline, where Onshape is browser based.

Other than that I think Fusion 360 has more tools, but again they are both powerful enough.

From my experience with SOLIDWORKS, Creo, Fusion, Onshape etc, everything is highly transferable.

If you learn one, you can pick up the others fairly easily. (FreeCAD is the only one that's a bit different)

If you plan on doing the HPA modeling course, then it makes sense to follow along with the free version of Fusion 360, since it's no cost anyway and then if you want to change, you're ready to go.

For more info check out webinar 323: https://www.hpacademy.com/previous-webinars/323-how-to-choose-a-cad-software-package/

Hope that helps!

Thanks Connor makes total sense.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?