Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

RSpec Bosch LSU 4.9 O2 sensors (0 258 017 025)

Practical Motorsport Wiring - Professional Level

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Motorsport Wiring - Professional Level

= Resolved threads

Author

I have purchase a couple of RSpec Bosch LSU 4.9 O2 Sensors, with 5 cores to a OEM plug, the cable is covered in a heat proof sheath - (see attached picture)

I want to replace the OEM plug with a Deutsch 5 pin ASL connector - (See attached image as an example of one completed by others)

My question is should I;

Cut the OEM plug off, remove the heat proof sheath, keep the existing cores, apply DR25, Raychem boot at the OS sensor end, and of course apply ASL connector and Raychem boot at connector end.

The point being should I use the existing cores ?

Or

Cut the OEM plug off, remove the heat proof sheath, cut the cores back to sensor and use solder sleeves to join Raychem spec 55 cables, support with SCL, DR25 and Raychem boot etc ?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Many thanks Tony

Attached Files

I don't recommend replacing the OEM connectors on LSU 4.9, as there is a resistor in the connector that has been trimmed to provide sensor calibration to the wideband controller. Without that you will need to perform a free-air calibration (if that's possible with your wideband controller). Also, being able to use an off-the-shelf sensor is a huge win.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?