Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

M130 GPR with Shiftec

MoTeC M1 Software Tutorial

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course MoTeC M1 Software Tutorial

= Resolved threads

Author

Hey guys, Curious if anyone could give me or point me to some info on a basic shift cut setup.

GPR M130

Shiftec GCU using shiftcut wire output from Shiftec to the M130.

The Shiftec is already setup and working with our old ecu using the cut output.

Thanks in Advance.

Forgot to mention using M1 Tune 1.4.0.136

I would connect the Shiftec signal as a digital input used for a driver switch, and then configure Gear Lever Up Switch to use that switch.

Setup the Gear Position and Gear Ratio (clue -- Gear Ratio Estimate should match Gear Ratio in logged data) so that the Gear Shift Engine Speed Limit can be used. By using the gear ratio information, the ECU will change the Engine Speed Limit to the proper speed for the next gear, it will maintain that until the gear position reaches the next gear, or the timing expires (not sure how to make it really wait for the Cut Signal to end).

In M1 Tune under Race Functions, Gear Shift Cut -- enable Gear Shift Engine Speed Limit Mode. Then tune Gear Shift Timing, particularly for Upshift Power On. You may need to tune other parameters on that worksheet -- use the help for "Gear Shift State" for details on when and what can happen during a shift.

PJ, You have my number, give me a call if you need a some help.

There is another simple way to do this -- you could use the Shiftec input as the Run/Stop switch. Fuel and Ignition will be stopped when that is inactive. Personally, I like the EngineSpeed Limit better, with it's ability to retard ignition, and ramp the power back following the shift.

Thanks Dave, Similar to what i had in my head but wanted some input before attempting tomorrow. I will give you a call if i get stuck. I appreciate the help again.

Got the driver switch setup as Driver input 1 and its seeing the cut signal. Thank You

Quick question on some default times for (Just some rough starting points to get things going, We have a full test day to dial them in a bit). I read though the descriptions on each just no real idea on a default setting.

ReArm

Recover

Post Shift

Shift

Pre Shift

Currently Running a Sadev http://www.swrmotorsport.com/SL90-14.html

Since the Shiftec is really doing almost all of this for you, the only critical timing is probably the Shift Time. Just make it long enough that the Shiftec will complete the shift, the M1 will move to Post-Shift when the gear position indicates the next gear has been selected.

Here is what my manually controlled shifter (I have switches activated when shifting up and shifting down) timing looks like in M1 Tune.

-- For some reason my screen capture jpg won't post here, I tried making is smaller, and embedding in a PDF, but attaching a file doesn't seem to work for me -- I will just email you the picture directly...

Thanks Again

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?