Sale ends todayGet 30% off any course (excluding packages)

Ends in --- --- ---

Should my ve value not go above 100 if my car is still n/a?

Practical Standalone Tuning

Forum Posts

Courses

Blog

Tech Articles

Discussion and questions related to the course Practical Standalone Tuning

= Resolved threads

Author

So I have my ve table pretty much dialed in, but at high rpm at 100kpa it's still going lean with the ve value at 100 and if I compensate for that by adding more to the ve and going above 100 i can get it right on target, is this the right way to go about this or is something not set up right that's causing this? The map readings are all accurate too

This is one of the reasons I really, REALLY hate the use of "VE" in mapping.

With a N/A engine, it is certainly possible to go above a TRUE VE of 100% at peak torque, when intake, exhaust, camshafts, etc. are working together - the highest I'm aware of is just under 150% on some highly developed race engines.

For a modern high performance N/A engine 90+% may be commonly attained with some a bit higher.

You don't say what the engine is, what state it's in, the ECU used, etc. I suspect the base tune is a little out in the first place, and the additional enrichment is a reflection of that. That's emphasised by it being a top end issue and not a peak torque one.

Other factors may be insufficient fuel supply and it's compensating for a fuel pressure drop - have you go it logged?

So it's a 2.5 5 cylander from a vw, I know the stock intake manifold which I still have has extremely long runners ro help with peak tq, it's running a ecumasters emu black and it's not a return fuel system and the fuel pump is set to put out 45psi constant (its port injected). I don't have it logged yet because my slave cylander gave out last night and it's internal, but once I have that fixed I'll log it and upload it

It's not uncommon to have VE values of 125 - 135%. it's just a number. Give the engine what it wants.

We usually reply within 12hrs (often sooner)

Need Help?

Need help choosing a course?

Experiencing website difficulties?

Or need to contact us for any other reason?